18 Credits Total
- At least 12 credits must be from the CISE and/or ECE department(s). These courses must be 3000-level or higher.
- Courses not permitted as technical electives: any core cores and any class that is listed below in the CpE Technical Exclusion List.
- A CpE student will have credit for two programming courses (Java and C++). One additional programming language course (not Java or C++) can count as a technical elective; this class has to meet the general requirements of a tech elective.
- A maximum of 6 credits can come from the following categories:
- 4000-level courses in the mathematics department
- 3000-level courses in the physics department
- 4000-level courses in the statistics courses
- Any approved course from the Mathematics department, Physics department, or any department in the College of Engineering
- Any advisor-approved course (through petition)
CpE Techical Elective Exclusion List
(Courses that CANNOT be used as Technical Electives)
- EEL 3000
- EEL 3834
- EEL 3003
- COP 3275
- CGS 3063
- CGS 3065
- CIS 4930 specifically Python for Non-CISE Majors
- EEL 3872
- Any class considered a core class